The Glencoe Club
The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighbourhood of Calgary, Alberta. Our facility boasts a full-service food & beverage department as well as the following sports facilities: aquatics, badminton, bowling, climbing, curling, fitness, golf simulators, skating, squash, tennis, and an indoor playground. We also offer the following services physiotherapy, wellness and lifestyle services, childminding, youth & teen programming, licensed preschool, out of school care and in house shopping at our pro shop.
If you can be genuinely passionate about our vision to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do, have a proven track record for creating exceptional experiences through your interactions and are willing to champion our values of respect, wellness, integrity, relationships, caring and innovation we want to hear from you.
We are seeking Full Time and Part Time Banquet Servers for our Food & Beverage Banquet department. As part of the Food & Beverage Service Team at The Glencoe Club as a Server you are responsible for ensuring exceptional member service experiences with prompt, efficient and friendly service to members and guests. You will deliver exceptional experiences in all that you do and will constantly aspire to create a second home environment for our members, guests and employees.
- Provide service excellence and a positive experience to members and guests
- Ensure all preparation and closing procedures are completed
- Ensure timely and effective two way communication between members, guests, staff and supervisor
- Effectively address members concerns and complaints immediately if possible, and take to supervisor when needed
- Display professionalism and a positive attitude
- Achieve or exceed service standards
- Ensures the physical areas are well appointed, clean and maintained
- It is essential that you present a clean, positive, professional image including skin, hair, fingernails, shoes, name tags, aprons and clothing (uniform). These items are to be neat and clean when you arrive for your shift and maintained
- Ensures compliance with all Glencoe Health and Safety standards, the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety regulations and the Alberta Gaming & Liquor Commission License requirements
- Ensures members are aware of and adhere to Rules and Regulations
- Actively contribute to Food & Beverage department teamwork and collaboration
- Other assignments as required
· A proven track record, with minimum of 1 year experience in the food & beverage service industry
· Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
· A diplomatic, outgoing personality able to foster relationships with members and employees
· A team player who can be part of a team and execute exceptional service
· High standards of ethics, honesty, and integrity
· Heavy lifting up to 50 lbs
· ProServe Certification
These are permanent year-round, full time and part time positions. The successful candidates will be required to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, late nights and weekends.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, staff meals (for shifts over 5 hours), employee recognition programs, and a variety of wellness programs, as well as a comprehensive health and dental plan, RRSP matching, personal days on top of vacation, and sick days for full time staff.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check and a Respect in the Workplace online certification.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume in response to this posting.
Additional information about The Glencoe Club can be found at our website at www.glencoe.org or at www.glencoejobs.org.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit ca.trabajo.org.